what drives us.
Our vision is simple:
create a truly healthy and sustainable world, free from the toxic consequences of plastic.
plastic has been found guilty of making us sick. and the way it is infused in our lives is terrifying!
it’s not just the consumption of plastic but also the disposal of it. just in india, we dump 6 million tonnes of plastic every year. that’s almost equal to 116 titanics – the boat that sank.
in india, more than 8 million children live in urban slums – dangerously close to contaminated natural resources. impact of this contamination is 4 folds on these children. close vicinity to the dumping grounds coupled with limited awareness and access to healthcare and hygiene makes them vulnerable to ill-health, stunted growth and other life-threatening diseases.
this is where switch becomes necessary.
we provide you with the tools to make the switch and on the other end, 25% of our profits go towards ‘project switch foundation’ to provide better health opportunities to children living near landfills.
interested in collaborating with us?
visit ‘work with us’ page to see the open positions.
at switch, we're aligned with
UN's sustainable development goals (SDGs)
the sustainable development goals (SDGs), launched by the United Nations in 2015, are an excellent vehicle for driving change. They represent an action plan for the planet and society to thrive by 2030 – addressing health & well being, climate change and life below water among other issues central to human progress and sustainable development, such as gender equality, clean water and sanitation, and responsible consumption and production.
a new way of doing business
We reckon that the only acceptable business model for switch is one in which both the planet and society thrive. That’s why we have our blueprint for sustainable business and growth which responds to the challenges and opportunities of an increasingly resource-constrained and unhealthy world.
goals we are aligned with:
Goal 3: Good Health & Wellbeing
- help consumers and employees adopt healthier lifestyles by raising consumer awareness of the importance of nutritious diets, physical activity, personal care and hygiene
- increase organisational awareness of the sustainability aspects of products, including product design, use and disposal
- develop innovative solutions and products to address the specific sanitation and hygiene needs of developing markets
Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Raise consumer awareness of the importance of sustainable consumption and practical steps they can take to live more sustainably
- Strive for sustainably sourced key commodities. Use alternative to palm oil.
Goal 14: Life below water
Reduce plastic waste to keep the oceans safe and clean.
Good practice principles and initiatives
we only use 100% recycled paper or the ones approved by Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) approved. FSC ensures that we meet our current needs for forest products without compromising the health of the world’s forests for future generations.